Yellow & black stripes


Hi everyone, for this post I have another striped mani to show you and it's bright! Not that my last mani wasn't bright enough, but tonight I felt the sudden urge to wear yellow. And that's rare, but fine with me, because I can really use some brightness in these dark, cold days that we're lately having in the Netherlands! The yellow I used is Color Club Almost Famous. I had to apply three coats for an even coverage and smooth surface. Normally I kind of avoid three-coaters, but for a yellow it's actually not that bad. Once again I used China Glaze Ink to make the stripes. In my head this mani looked better than it does in real life. Because I used a bright lamp in the pictures, the yellow is well visible. But in lower light, you can pretty much only see the stripes because the yellow kind of blends in with the tone of my skin, which looks weird haha. Maybe I'll add another color or something later, we'll see. Thanks for reading guys and nighty-night!

25 comments

  1. own,
    pretty much the choice of the color o/
    was something a bit Bee *-* love HAHAHA
    bee kisses =*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, again, absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome line work! I love these two colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. COOL! I love your nail arts, amazing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this reminds me of a bee. nice straight lines

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your stripey manis! How do you get the lines so straight??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might have to contract you to design my striped supercar in the future :P This is amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like something that can brightens up the day for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must have the steadiest hands in the world to get those stripes so even!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look great :) Your lines are perfect

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW WOW WOW! this is lovely! love the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how the stripes are with different thickness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow :D :X
    How do you draw that straight lines?
    Can you do a lil tutorial? :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you everyone for the awesome feedback :-D

    For those who are wondering how I got the stripes straight/even: The trick is to use the whole length of the brush instead of just the tip, I practically lay down the whole brush on my nail, so all I have to do is pull a bit and it will come out more or less straight ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Laura D.: I'll try to make a tutorial soon, though I must say many other designs are on my list too so I'm not sure when exactly it's done. Bear with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So awesome! I wish I could make stripes that came out this perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is sooo pretty! Your nails are perfect <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. This design reminds me of Kill Bill! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. bee manicure, i really love it!

    ReplyDelete