Neon plaid


Hello readers! Do you remember the neon crackle mani? Well, when I was working on that mani, I discovered you could do pretty cool stuff with layering neons. Because of their sheerness new colors will appear when they're overlapping. So I was very eager to try out this plaid pattern with the four Color Club neons I own, which are Almost Famous, Warhol, Chelsea Girl and Age Of Aquarius.

I started out with two coats of Essence Stamp Me! White. Then I created two vertical stripes on each nail, using two of my four neons and tape for straight lines, after those had dried, I did the same thing horziontally with the colors that were left. And that's how plaid is made! Lol. Thanks for reading, gals! :)



Close-up!

17 comments

  1. omg...this is awesome! love it as always hunny!

    /Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you! You always leave sweet comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool happened, like the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my godddddd jane!!
    this is so awesome.
    officially will be doing this after my exams when i have the time to devote to a tape manicure.

    seriously i'm in love.
    (and i think i need to order age of aquarius. it has been on my wishlist for a while! along with EVERY other color from poptastic that's not in the 7 piece.)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool!

    I found your blog recently, and I just LOVE your manis! Looking forward to reading it every day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @martell: Haha, thanks!

    @rebecca: Thaanks, rebecca! Glad you like it. I'll see your version of it on your blog ;) Good luck with your exams!

    @Solveig: Aww, thanks! That's really sweet, words like these really make my day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome mani. I would have thought it was made with stickers but seeing other manis from you I knew better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks awesome. I have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool! definitely a fun manicure that i'll have to try one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this!!! I did a neon crackle also a while ago and I looks awesome! I love neon colors! Check out my blog so you can see them. :)

    http://itsnotmylifeanymore.blogspot.com/

    I might try this mani. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want some neon colors now lol
    Its so cool how the colors overlap and make new colors, and I like the plaid pattern.
    This mani is so cute for Easter. (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute! Great idea. I def have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! It reminds me of an old Easter Egg kit I had when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome nails girl! ;) I love all them, congratulations! :D

    ReplyDelete