A galaxy far, far away

'Click me, I'm huge!'

Hi everybody! Last post I had some layering fun with OPI Russian Navy as base color. After layering it with Ulterior Motive and Last Friday Night, I ended up with this beautiful blend of different colored shimmer and glitter that looked like a galaxy filled with stars. I've always been fascinated by astronomy, ever since I was little, especially stars look so wonderful, beyond gorgeous. Anyway, I was very curious to see what the mani would look like with a layer of matte topcoat and this is it. You can't get closer to the real deal than this!


Close-up!


In the shade

21 comments

  1. this is sooo pretty! I'm not a huge fan of layering, but this rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! i love it - and i think a Matt coat makes anything look dreamy!

    /Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this on MUA and had to find your blog. This is very pretty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its breathtaking with the matte nail polish (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving this color so much. It's absolutely beautiful .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this- I have RN matte and LFN, so i'll definitely be copying this gorgeous mani!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, that's so incredibly pretty *_* Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks gorgeous matte!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really like it, i like all your posts, but this one is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love mattified glitters! Especially since the camera can pick them up so well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks just gorgeous mattified!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this looks amazing, even more so with the matte top coat, very galaxy - esque! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did it too! and I linked you! :) I just stole it from you! :D http://polishchest.blogspot.com/2011/04/last-navy-night.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Friday Night Lights is an OUTSTANDING Glitter. I used the essie matte topcoat, and it gave it a mermaid effect.

    ReplyDelete